1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel and tire question… wanting current ideas

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by N2JEEP, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Aug 12, 2024 at 5:23 PM
    N2JEEP

N2JEEP [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2003 tan TJ Wrangler Sport
    Really nice front bumper, 2” lift and Centerforce clutch so far…
    I’ve got some pressing tire issues and couldn’t be absolutely sure what wheel dimensions I need to buy. My stock wheels with 32” tires rub when I make a tight parking turn. YouTube is a good source for information but I guess I wanted to just ask a bunch of people instead so joined here. Wheels are stock and looking pretty rough and they need to go! What dimensions of wheel would I need to get to be able to run 32” tire and not rub when I turn? Would like to go with narrow tire. Also don’t wanna use a spacer.

I would like to buy some new wheels and would like something lighter. I know they have lighter wheels for race cars but wasn’t sure if that was a benefit for a Jeep. Any wheel suggestions?

Also any suggestion for tires? Wanting something aggressive looking and capable of off road use. However I hope to keep the noise rhythmic and not annoying… my son’s truck had the most God awful sound coming from his tires. I’d go nuts listening to that while driving to work.

I value your opinions and I know it’s my choice but was hoping to maybe see some brownish gold jeeps and what they bought for wheels. Wanting to see various colored wheels with the brownish gold Jeeps. Black is nice but maybe gold, bronze, gray and silver might be awesome too.

Appreciate the help and just looking to tap into the benefit of your experiences.

2. Aug 24, 2024 at 2:56 PM
    N2JEEP

N2JEEP [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2003 tan TJ Wrangler Sport
    Really nice front bumper, 2” lift and Centerforce clutch so far…
    Found out what my gear ratio is! 373

To Top