1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire fitment. Forced? or tight clearance?

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by C-Hubb13, Sep 25, 2024.

1. Sep 25, 2024 at 9:24 AM
    C-Hubb13

C-Hubb13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Vehicle:
    2012 Grand Cherokee Overland w/ QL
    Hey guys. I’ve officially met my match in the Jeep world. Im Collin, fresh into the WK2’s and ive for the first time encountered a situation that I’m kinda second guessing with tires. I have always just trimmed cut bent whatever I can do to make tires fit until now this Jeep has the quadra lift And I purchased, and I’m waiting on a set of tires, which are 275/60/20 BFG KO2’s. Everything I’m saying says a 55 will fit and have no rub except for in park mode. I cannot find anything anywhere where someone has tried running 60s. I don’t want to cut or trim, but definitely will. I want to keep it very minimum. Can anybody give me any insight on this situation?

IMG_0008.jpg

2. Oct 2, 2024 at 6:37 AM
    frdomfghtr899

frdomfghtr899 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keaton
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black Wrangler Rubicon
    Hey Collin, welcome to the Jeep life! I’ve got a Wrangler, but I’ve done my share of research on the WK2s, especially when it comes to tire fitment with the Quadra-Lift system.

Running 275/60/20 BFG KO2s is definitely pushing the limits, and like you said, the 275/55/20 is a more common setup for avoiding rubbing, especially when the suspension is in park mode. The 60 profile will give you a bit more sidewall, which is great for off-road comfort and protection, but it does come with a higher risk of rubbing at full lock or during compression. You might have some minor rubbing in park mode or extreme articulation even with the lift.

If you want to avoid major cutting or trimming, I'd recommend trying the tires out first and seeing how much clearance you’ve got at different suspension heights. You can also check out options like adjustable bump stops or trimming just a bit of the inner fender to minimize any issues.

Discount Tire carries the BFG KO2s, and they’re always good about helping with fitment advice. You could even stop by one of their stores to have them take a look before finalizing any decisions.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted on how it turns out.

aggrex likes this.
To Top