1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Persistent suspension and window scraping problems with Grand Cherokee

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by JGrandCherokee.ISSUES, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Dec 7, 2023 at 3:30 PM
    JGrandCherokee.ISSUES

JGrandCherokee.ISSUES [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Raquel Martin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    N/A
    Hello -

I've been experiencing several issues with my 2019 Jeep GrandCherokee dating back to 2019. Two of these issues have yet to be resolved. 1. Suspension creaks and 2. Drivers side window scrapes every time it rolls up or down. The window scrapes so hard, it appears the window is going to break. This window is a huge safety concern as, at some point this window will break.

At this point I've taken the car to 3 different dealerships for the same two issues and my car is back at SM Jeep (for nearly 3-weeks now) for the same two issues. I'm hoping to get some feedback on any repeated issues with their 2019 Jeep GrandCherokee?

My husband purchased the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 DR 2WD from Los Angeles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in March 2019.

My vehicle history states the car was sold without any recalls. I'm under 40K miles and have had multiple issues starting in the first year.

The car has been in for service at Huntighton Beach Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for:
    1. Bubbles in the paint on the roof, tailgate, and front quarter panel. Some of the paint bubbles ruptured and there was evidence of rust.
    Repairs: Repainted the affected areas
    2. Suspension creaking
    Repairs: Tightened suspension
    3. Drivers side window scraping when rolling up or down
    Repairs: Adjusted window molding

The car has been in for service at Scott Robinson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Torrance for the following issues multiple times (2021 & 2022):

12/7/2022 Odometer reading 33,743 mi
    1. Drivers side window scraping when rolling up or down
    Repairs: adjusted window molding
    2. Suspension creaking
    Repairs: Tightened suspension

The car has been in for service at Santa Monica Chrysler Jeep Dodge and Ram for the following issues:

12/27/22 Odometer reading 33,843 mi
    Repairs: Removed and re-assembled window assembly
    2. Suspension creaking
    Repairs: Replaced rear struts
    3. Receiving constant weather alerts (for San Bernadino County) on the cluster instrument panel
    Repairs: None - stated there was no fix

2/3/23 Odometer reading 34,406 mi

1. Exterior Body Work. The car sustained body damage on front/passenger side quarter panel while being serviced at dealership.
    Repairs: Repaired body damage
    2. Drivers side window scraping when rolling up or down
    Repairs: Made adjustments to window assembly
    3. Suspension creaking
    Repairs: Unable to find the issue

9/22/23 Odometer reading 38,435 mi
    Repairs: Took door apart and refit lining. Replaced window weather molding, but didn't write it in the service report, otherwise they'd have to charge for it. Service writer stated the window sits at an angle and slides off, causing the scraping.
    2. Suspension creaking
    Repairs: Didn't address the issue

11/20/23 Odometer reading 39,351 mi
    Repairs: Replaced window weather molding (which had been replaced 9/22/23) again.
    2. Suspension creaking
    Repairs: Service Manager test drove the vehicle with me and confirmed he hears the suspension creaking. However, unable to determine the source of the creaking issue. Tighten up suspension.

Any feedback or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  2. Dec 8, 2023 at 6:40 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Although you have been very patient but its time to step it up with this dealership with Jeep/Stellantis management that this dealer has been stringing you along with half-ass repairs. Obviously the window moulding is not the only issue and the suspension creaking should have been resolved long ago. This forum cannot resolve these issues over the internet as the issues are unique to your JGC and the shoddy repairs from that dealership. That dealership "owns" those repairs at this point.

To Top