1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No power to fuel pump past relay

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Dborns, Sep 3, 2024.

1. Sep 3, 2024 at 8:42 AM
    Dborns

Dborns [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello! Looking for some help on my Jeep. It’s an ‘84 CJ, but I have the 4.0/ AX-15. It has the complete wiring harness to run the motor and trans along with spliced in parts of the ‘84 harness for dash equipment. I built this years ago and just recently ran into stalking issues. It has an inline EXTERIOR fuel pump. Last summer I had issues with it stalling after long drives. Purifoy it would completely die, but after letting it sit, it would fire up enough to get home. A few weeks ago, I noticed the fuel pump was not priming when the key was in “ON”, and now it won’t start at all. What I’ve done so far-
    Ran dedicated wires from the battery and engine relay box for ground and power. The pump runs if I direct wire it to the battery but the motor still won’t start.
    Traded out different relays for the pump and ASD. No change.
    Checked and I have 12v at the pump relay but no power past it.
    So got some reason I have power to the relay, but no priming of the pump, or power to it when I try to start the motor.
    Any suggestions ?

Products Discussed in

To Top