1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Misfire and Stall 1997 Grand Cherokee 4.0 2 wheel drive

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by Markntx, Aug 24, 2024.

1. Aug 24, 2024 at 9:58 AM
    Markntx

Markntx [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    1997 Grand Cherokee 4.0 2wd
    I recently purchased a 97 Grand Cherokee for my grandson knowing it had some issues. The man I bought it from said it would run for a while then it would lose power and die but it would start back up again. He told me that the codes that they read at the auto parts store two different places where catalytic converter issues.
    So I drive the car home without it installing it did have a miss but I made it home okay. I took it to AutoZone and got another code checked and it said number two cylinder too many misfires. So I went ahead and got new plugs new wires I saw that it had been leaking coolant somewhere found that it was leaking around the thermostat found it had a cracked thermostat housing so I replaced it put the plugs in it put the wires on it read somewhere the issue with the number two cylinder misfire could definitely be a fuel injectors so I ordered a new fuel injectors they'll be here tomorrow. Took it for a spin after the plugs and wires and does the same thing has a miss and it stalls now after about 4 miles it does start back up but it's running a little rough anybody have this issue I don't mind changing all these parts on the car because I'm giving it to my grandson and I want everything to be new mechanically if possible. Maybe give me an idea of what I need to keep looking for or slap myself on the head and say do this first before you go any further.

To Top