1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Honnnnk"/Fart Noise when Jeep is backed in and wheel is turned right

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by Hemismama, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Oct 12, 2023 at 8:20 AM
    Hemismama

Hemismama [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
    I own a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with 165,165 on the odometer. and in the last six months, I’ve been having an issue no one can figure out.

When I pull my jeep forward, turn my wheel to the right, and go back in the area. I hear a noise that almost sounds like rubbing but it’s not, it also almost sounds like a honking or kind of a fart noise lol it seems to be getting louder, but no one can figure it out. I really noticed it the other day when I was kind of a hill and I pulled up turn my wheel to the right, and then backed in. I’ve also heard something if I’m backing up it seems, but it’s not quite the same exact noise as I described in the beginning.

Sway bars, as well as most other things, were checked, and everything seems to be intact and fine. I have had three mechanics look at it, and no one can figure it out.

2. Oct 12, 2023 at 9:27 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    If manny, moe and jack can’t identify the problem in person the internet help could be limited. Either wait until the issue gets louder and more consistent or start strategically squirting WD40 on the suspension bushings or metal-metal contact surfaces, worn BJ etc. Up to date on ATF or TC fluids?

3. Oct 12, 2023 at 10:24 AM
    Hemismama

Hemismama [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
    My reasoning for posting on the internet is to hope it has happened to someone else and they have figured out the problem. I didn't really think someone could identify it any other way. I have been waiting for it to get louder and it has. I would rather not be stranded alongside the road if I can help it. We have lubed a little, it won't hurt to keep going. Yeah, she's clean. All fluids changed/flushed when I got it at 159K. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Bob, LYFZGOOD and aggrex like this.
To Top