1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does this quote sound about right?

Discussion in 'General Jeep Discussion' started by cliff dononva, Sep 25, 2024.

1. Sep 25, 2024 at 6:37 PM
    cliff dononva

cliff dononva [OP] New Member

Member:
    My jeep patriot 2010 (75,000 miles) had a badly rotten (from rust) rear sub frame. Also needed new brakes.

A shop has quoted me $2170 for everything, including a brand new sub frame, rear brakes and price includes labor. $2170 for everything.

Wanted to get a couple of other opinions but the shops want me to make an appointment to bring car in so they can look it over. Won't give me any kind of estimate over the phone which I understand but not even a ball park figure. As I work full times it's hard to go to appointments. Even on weekends it is hard to get an appointment right away and I do need this work done right away as car is due for inspection and won't pass until this work is done.

What do you think of the price? I live in NY. Thanks.

2. Sep 25, 2024 at 8:20 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    IMO the price seems okay for the amount of work involved to remove/replace the rusty subframe, bolts, various parts and assemblies (exhaust, axle, etc). The job could become more expensive if any additional unseen rust and/or rusty fasteners are discovered as well as rusted attachment points on the body for the subframe. As mentioned the vehicle won't pass NY inspection and you cannot DIY this repair. This job if successful will get the Patriot quickly back onto the road. NY as well as many other NE states love to dump excess amounts of salt onto the roads every winter which can affect the integrity of many vehicles when the salt is not rinsed off regularly. Post some pics of the rust damage as somebody might be able to spot other areas of concern.

LYFZGOOD likes this.
To Top