1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Battery draining and now have a Auto/Stop/start warning

Discussion in 'Gladiator (2020+)' started by dheitmeier, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Oct 10, 2023 at 7:02 AM
    dheitmeier

dheitmeier [OP] New Member

Member:
    tried to start the Jeep yesterday and all lights and chimes but wouldn't turn over. Charged it up, it was only at 11.4 so I charged to 13 and it started right up. The center display did not come on. Took it for a ride and then at the end of the ride I stopped for a stop sign and it shut off the dash then lite up the navigation and shut off asking me to put into Drive and start up. Now, the Auto Stop/start warning light is on and overnight the battery needed charged again.

2. Oct 10, 2023 at 9:35 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Id start with the local auto parts store like Advance or Autozone who can check the charging system including the battery unless you have the tools to check it yourself. The alternator and/or battery is suspect

3. Oct 10, 2023 at 9:40 AM
    dheitmeier

dheitmeier [OP] New Member

Member:
    once charged up and driving the numbers stay at 14 and high 13's for the battery so I believe the alternator is not the issue. Now, do I need a new battery and possibly the auxiliary battery??

To Top