1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Battery draining after 3-4 days

Discussion in 'Liberty' started by Digologist, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Jun 19, 2023 at 1:48 PM
    Digologist

Digologist [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2002 Jeep Liberty
    Hello, I just wanted to ask about a parasitic battery drain. My 02 Liberty has something that is causing the battery to drain down after about 3-4 days. I accidently got one problem fixed, the EATX relay was drawing current. When I pulled it out the current draw went from 169 milliamps to 80 milliamps. The next day, there seemed to be no drain at all. Possibly a stuck relay contact.
    My alternator is new, so it should be reading between 13-14 volts across the battery when running. I can watch the voltage drop slowly with the meter across it. Also, when I check voltage from the Red wire on the back of the alternator to ground, I'm getting 39-40 volts ! Is this normal. I have considered replacing the PCM. A charging problem is listed as one of the problems with a bad PCM, but I am just guessing. If anyone can help, it will be appreciated. You could save me a couple hundred Dollars! Thanks, John

2. Jun 24, 2023 at 4:52 AM
    shooter65

shooter65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest PA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Rubicon 4 Door
    Parasitic drained can be a bitch, there are a ton of videos on youtube. Basically, measure voltage across your battery and start pulling fuses till you find the problem. Hopefully its not intermittant. hope you find it

Bob and aggrex like this.
To Top