1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 XJ front windows not working.

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Harry03, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Jul 25, 2024 at 5:29 PM
    Harry03

Harry03 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Blue Jeep Cherokee XJ Classic
    Hello, I have a 2000 XJ Classic. I am currently having issues with my front two windows rolling down. My front passenger window will only roll down, but not up. My front driver window will not roll up or down. The rear two windows will work from the drivers switch as well as their own. Electric locks also only unlock, but don’t lock. Before they stopped working, everything worked just fine. Passenger window even had a new motor in it and switch. I have checked fuses, even replaced both wiring harnesses in the doors and checked continuity in the harnesses. My only guess could be a faulty driver side switch. Pretty frustrated after repairing and replacing parts of wiring harnesses so I wanted to check the forums before I spend more money on this. Worst case scenario I leave it with only my rear windows working.

2. Aug 13, 2024 at 1:24 PM
    MackDogDiesel

MackDogDiesel Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2019 sting gray grand cherokee
    Steel front bumper, all terrain aggressive tires, side step rails, class 4 receiver with dual American flag mounts, roof rack, 10 LED light bars, rock lights, master control switch board, American flag decals, 2 inch lift, 2 inch spacers, slotted rotors.
    Honestly, that sounds like your driver side window switch. When checking fuses, did you also check your relay? Even though I'm pretty positive on the fact that it is the window switch.

Products Discussed in

To Top